Sunday, April 11, 2010

More outdoor fun!

Yesterday we bought a riding lawn mower! Matt started mowing the front yard before we had to get ready for Aunt Jeep's birthday party. While he was doing that, I spread the rest of the mulch on the flower bed at the end of the driveway, cleared a few tenacious weeds, and planted some new plants at the end, where there used to be a huge peony.

I planted two daylilies called Stella de Oro. They have pretty yellow flowers and long narrow leaves. According to the tag, they'll bloom well in the summer and into the fall and they love full sun, which is what they'll get at the end of the flower bed.

(Thanks to www.gardenality.com for the image!)

Behind the daylilies, I planted three Dracaena Spikes! These look awesome and they'll get nice and tall. I can't wait to see how they do.

(Thanks to www.naturehills.com for this image.)

I'll try to post some pictures of the flower bed and the mower soon!

No comments: