Saturday, April 17, 2010

A convenience or an abomination?

We were shopping at Home Depot last weekend when I discovered a new tree I've never seen before! It's called a Fruit Salad tree and it produces peaches, plums, apricots, and nectarines, all on one dwarf tree!

I am 100% sure that there are people in the world who see this as a wonderful thing. How exciting, to have one tiny tree which will provide a family with a variety of fresh fruit throughout the year! What a novelty, as well!

I just can't get on board.

I think that if God had wanted us to have fruit trees in pots on our back patios, practically dumping different kinds of fruit into our hands throughout the year, He probably would have provided that. I think this particular garden innovation leans toward the abomination end of the spectrum.

No comments: