Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back to work!

Sadly, after our lovely anniversary evening, I got up and drove right back to Greensboro to do more interviews and more work on the house. I'll post a few more pictures for your viewing pleasure, including one of Mom's bruise (she fell off the bottom step onto the carport on Saturday when we were leaving the house after dark).

Mom's bruise.

Daddy still had wallpaper stuck to his feet the next morning, but at least it's all down! The hall is going to look great!

Mom managed to get a stain in the shape of a chili pepper on her pants today.

Trying possible flooring options for the back bathroom (the one with the brown tile and the soon-to-be-blue walls). We're holding it up to the wall because it will be next to the darker brown tile when it is laid, but there's a white strip covering it up at the floor right now. I like this option because it will not show dirt or scratches at all. Plus, it is the closest match to the colors in the tiles.

And a close up of the same vinyl floor.

This is the other choice for that bathroom. I think it's too light and too yellow and it would show wear a lot sooner. However, I do like the pattern on it.

Here you can see how yellow it really is.

Margo stopped by this afternoon to see the house while we were working. It was fun to give her the grand tour, although I can't wait for it to be FINISHED so I can show it all off!

Also: Harold the AC guy came today, but he has to come back tomorrow with a taller ladder so he can get up in the attic and fix the broken pipe so the AC won't leak. Then it should be good and the house won't be 85 degrees or higher when we're working.

Lee at Lowe's has put the estimator's measurements in the computer, so all I have to do is go and tell him what kind of flooring I want and he will give me the numbers. I am hoping for some good financing options.

Tomorrow I am going to call Thompson's Pest Control again and see if they will come and spray ASAP. I don't think I really want to move in there until it has been sprayed.

No comments: