Friday, September 7, 2012

Teriyaki Chicken!

We enjoyed our first frozen meal of the month today.  It was very yummy!

Here's the short version:

2 chicken breasts (I trimmed them fiercely, because I think chicken is gross)
1 red onion (I used a little one, and cut it in 1" chunks)
3 carrots (also cut in 1" chunks)
1 big can pineapple chunks (which are, conveniently, about 1")
3/4 c. teriyaki sauce (I made mine.  It had soy sauce, mirin, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and ground ginger.  I didn't measure, so I don't know how to explain it.)

It cooked on LOW for 11 hours...because that's how long my day was.  It was probably done after about 6 hours.  But it wasn't ruined!  If I had a CrockPot with a fancy timer, I would've used it, but I have a very simple CrockPot.

When I got home, I made rice (3/4 c. rice, 1.5 c. chicken broth).  Then I cut up the chicken breasts into chunks (you guessed it....about 1"!) and served it all together in my pasta bowls. 

The chicken was a smidge dry, but with the sauce from the CrockPot, it was fine.  It was just enough for the two of us.  I didn't make any other sides to go with it, but something green might've been nice.  Maybe some edamame, but my husband doesn't like them.  :)

No comments: