Monday, May 23, 2011

A New Beginning!

This has been a difficult spring.  A little over a week after we lost the baby, I found out I would not be returning to my job as a middle school teacher.  I made it out of my principal's office before I lost it, but heartbroken doesn't do justice to what I was feeling.  There are so many wonderful things about my current job.  First and foremost, I love love love my coworkers.  I am honored to have had the privilege to work them (you, if you're reading!).  I also love the community feel of our school, and I love working with middle schoolers.  I love my classroom (my fifth in five years, and by far my favorite!).  I am deeply, deeply connected to our school through family and dear friends, and I am so sad to be leaving all that.

However, as always, God has a plan for me.  He has been teaching me patience and trust this spring, and He has rewarded me with an amazing opportunity.  In the fall, I will be teaching 7th and 8th grade science AND Science Olympiad as a class at Canterbury School!  Google it if you're curious.  I am super-excited!  I can't wait to get started.  :)

The best thing about this spring has been all the love and support I've gotten from friends and family.  My coworkers have been extremely supportive, even taking care of things in my classroom when I needed a minute (or a few days) to recover my wits.  Friends across the country have prayed and hoped with me, and celebrated too!  I love you all so much!  You are such a blessing!

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!! I'm so happy for you and excited about your new adventure.
~Trice

Jordan said...

Wooohooooooo!!! That pretty much sums it up!!